The first three classes listed below will be taught through the St. Louis Community College, Continuing Education.
Please register AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE. As always, feel free to call me if you have any questions. Rhonda 314-644-0641
IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH BY TAPPING INTO THE MIND/BODY CONNECTION
Monday, March 17, 7-9 P.M. for 3 weeks at Forest Park Campus
Please note: the class scheduled for March 17 has been cancelled. (Must be lots of St. Patty’s Day parties!)
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) combines tapping on acupressure points with intentional statements. It has been gaining increasing attention due to its effectiveness in alleviating self-limiting beliefs, emotional issues, and physical stress. This class will include:
* Hands-on instruction and guidance in EFT and variations.
* Root Cause Technique to release underlying causation and layered emotions.
* Polarity Reversal Technique to clear self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors.
* Installing Positive Programs to bring peace of mind and physical well-being.
Fee: $45 (if you’re 60+ ask for the discount).
To Register: Call 314-984-7777, or www.stlcc.edu/ce.HEAL:706, Section 450.
Location: Forest Park Campus, B-Tower, room 013 (a quiet, comfortable room)
Wed., March 19, 7-9 P.M. for 4 weeks at Florissant Valley Campus
Discover the benefits of meditation: relaxation,mental clarity, emotional balance and spiritual attunement. Learn a variety of meditation techniques so you can discover which one works best for you. Enjoy the blessings of greater peace of mind and connection with your spiritual nature.
Fee: $49 (if you’re 60+ ask for discount)
To Register: Call 314-984-7777, or www.stlcc.edu/ce. PERD:732, Section 550.
Location: Florissant Valley Campus, Training Center, Room 109 (a comfortable conference room).
DREAMS: WISDOM FROM WITHIN
Tues., March 25, 7-9 P.M. for 4 weeks at Forest Park Campus
Delve into the mystery of dreaming to discover the guidance dream can give. Dreams can help us access our creativity, heal emotional wounds, or prepare us for the future. Dreams can awaken us to astral planes, giving us access to higher sources of wisdom.
* Learn techniques for deepening sleep and remembering your dreams.
* Interpret dreams using different methods to see what works for you (and how different methods work for different dreams).
* Explore the universal and personal meaning of symbols.
* Use “dream incubation” to solve problems, make decisions, and facilitate healing.
* Identify types of dreams such as: precognitive, recurring, guide communication. Even nightmares have a purpose.
Participants will have the opportunity to share their dreams and participate in small groups as “Dream Helpers”. The dreamer is always the final authority of his or her dreams.
Fee: $49 (ask for discount if 60+)
To Register: Call 314-984-7777, or www.stlcc.edu/ce. PERD:735, Section 450.
Location: Forest Park Campus, B-Tower, 013 (a quiet, comfortable room)
THE ART OF EMPATHY: A Complete Guide to Life’s Most Essential Skill
Tues., March 4, 7-9 P.M. for 3 weeks at The Soul-Esteem Center
NOTE: You can still join this book-study next week. (By then we’ll be studying chapters 3-5.)
This class will use Karla McLaren’s book (of the same title) as a study guide. She is an “empathic counselor” who sees emotions as having life-saving wisdom and vitality. She defines an empath as someone who is aware that he or she reads emotions, nuances, undercurrents, intentions, thoughts, interactions, and body language to a greater degree than is deemed normal. Topics include:
* The Value and Purpose of All of Our Emotions
* Relationships as an Empathic Art From
* Empaths Inventory
* Developing Health Empathy for Yourself
* Maintaining Health Boundaries as You “Tune In” to Other’s Feelings
Fee: $60 (or $25 weekly)
To Register: Call 314-275-7685, www.soul-esteem.com. Call Rhonda for more info. 314-644-0641
Location: The Soul-Esteem Center, 105A Progress Parkway, Maryland Heights, MO 63043